Last modified: June 15, 2016
There are many different ways you can use our services. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Your privacy matters to Technolica so whether you are new to Technolica or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a Technolica Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, or credit card to store with your account.
- Information we get from your use of our services
- Device information
We collect device-specific information (such as your user’s hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers).
- Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by Technolica, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- details of how your customers use our service.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Location information
- Unique application numbers
When you use Technolica services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Technolica with information on nearby devices,Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Technolica when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Device information
Information we collect when you are signed in to Technolica, in addition to information we obtain about you from partners, may be associated with your Technolica Account. When information is associated with your Technolica Account, we treat it as personal information.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Technolica and our users.
We may use the name you provide for your Technolica Profile across all of the services we offer that require a Technolica Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your Technolica Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services.
When you contact Technolica, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Technolica
- For external processing
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Technolica if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Technolica, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Technolica and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Technolica employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities